Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default OT - The Cost of War

Ed Huntress wrote:

Go for it! 'Any room there for the holy rollers?

Who are they, anybody who goes to church?

A school board that degrades science by insisting on re-defining it to

fit
their own pet superstitions; a congressman who says we all should be
governed by a biblical worldview; a TV evangelist who says that the head
of
a foreign state suffered a stroke because he ignored a single phrase of
the
Bible.

They mostly vote Republican these days. We'd be better off if they voted
Repo-Tunisian, or Rubber-Tannery-Man, or whatever abortive exercise in
political dissonance Gunner and the kids have in mind.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed,

Did you catch the latest speeches by the Democrat Mayor of New

Orleans?

If not, tune your TV to CNN.

I saw part of it but aside from referring to New Orleans as being
"chocolate" there wasn't much to it. But did anyone see Dennis Hastert and
David Dreyer talking about the changes they wanted to make in lobbying? That
was a good one, I'll tell ya. They were going on about the Republican party
being the party of "reform". Yeah, they are for reform as soon as they get
exposed as being completely crooked. Of course, it isn't until they get
eposed for taking bribes from lobbyists until the idea hits them. Nothing
could be more hypocritical than the Republicans crying for lobbying reform.
After their orgy of taking money and other gifts from lobbyists it's a
little late for that. What's nearly as funny as their newfound honesty is
their assertion that they are a reform party. There is one thing Republicans
have always stood for and it isn't reform. It's called the status quo.
Putting a Republican in office means that everything will remain the same
for as long as possible or that by reform they mean going backwards to doing
things the old ways. Their motto has always been "Stand Pat". They've been
using that since TRs days.

Hawke