Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:09:05 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:39:21 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Does your milk float have character? :-)

Oh indeed it does, all bad - and I look forward to the day when I can
either modify it to make it more efficient and give it a suspension
system or trade it in for something with suspension.

I'm surprised they don't have suspension.

I always thought that the point of an electric milk float was so that
they can go around in the wee small hours without waking people up.
However, with no suspension, one would think that the bottles would
rattle.

Its great advantage is partly artificial, nulabor has decided it
needs neither an MOT nor road tax which given the small mileage it
does is very useful and partly that there is no practical
alternative.

Not even a pickup truck?

I occasionally need to move bulky and heavy objects
locally. The purchase and running cost of my milk float makes it
very much cheaper than any other alternative. It is also a pig to
drive. Given my requirements this latter deficiency is (just)
acceptable.

Hmm... I didn't know that it didn't need to be taxed.

What kind of licence do you need and what about insurance?

--

..andy