Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default polycarbonate

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody used this material to build a greenhouse or passive solar
collector. I am not familiar with the material. How easy is it to work
with? Are there any places like Home depot or Lowes that might carry it
or do you have to order over the Internet. How clear is it and would it
be OK to use in front of a window?

It would be a good greenhouse, I don't know about solar collector though,
but I'd guess yes.

As for clarity, it is used as window glazing in place of glass. It is used
for windows on airplanes. It will be available at many sources from window
shops, hardware stores, plastic sheet suppliers. Lexan is a brand of
polycarbonate.