Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Dryer heating element stays on

wrote in message
oups.com...
:I really don't mean to be rude, and I agree that it's strange
that a
: heating element would run without the dryer running, but why
would you
: start the timer without starting the dryer? If you're
concerned about
: someone else doing this, you could tape a note beside the
timer.
: I know the timer on my dryer runs before I press start - I'm
not sure
: about the heating element.
: Andy
:
Blah! Are you for real? Haven't you ever been distracted by
some event that takes you immediately away from whatever your'e
doing? Crack, thump, the kid's screaming bloody murder and you
run to see what's wrong, take him to hospital, whatever?

Don't tell me you'd NEVER set the timer without starting the
drier.

Pop