Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Coffeepot temperature

Larry Jaques offered:

Liberal??? Because I care about people? Show me your NRA card and
I'll show you mine.

Liberal ideas, then.

Please clarify. According to your definition people who care about
others are "liberal" and those who don't are.......what? So if you
care about others only a "little" then it's OK? Or does that "little"
bit make you "all" liberal?

But tell me, would the color of my skin make any difference to you?

Where'd that come from? No, skin color makes no difference to me.

Sorry if I'm off-base but it sure seemed you were attempting to
denigrate me because of my "aol.com" address. In your mind is this
inherently different?

Not convinced, and I'm quite aware, thanks. So, you're saying that you

would have caught the original engineering oversight in the Pinto? An
oversight (problems caused by 35+ mph rear-end collisions don't figure
into the engineering drawings) is just that.

Me, catch an engineering oversite missed by professionals, HAHAHA. But
you miss the point: It was readily shown Ford was AWARE of the defect
and, rather than recall or at least temporarily stop production or make
changes, calculated the cost of these measures against money projected
to be lost in "wrongfull death" lawsuits and chose to continue killing
people. All the information is on-line if you care enough to look.

Well, I got screwed on a paint job by Ford.
I'd like to punch their corporate mouths for the thinking behind that.

And how would you accomplish that by yourself?
Sorry you got screwed over.

I wrote letters instead...to no avail. C'est la guerre, non?

A properly fatalistic attitude, sometimes. And usually when YOU have a
choice in the matter. Sounds like you didn't have a choice.

Although I like your sig perhaps you'll like this one better?

Sorry for the last sig. How's this? This might be a universal major
corp sig:
"Never give a sucker an even break". Of course everyone else is you
and me.

dennis
in nca