Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Mike S.

Default Repair my Emglo AM78-HV4V air compressor

"Ignoramus7637" wrote in message
news
I am surprised about the cost of caps that you were quoted. They
actually should cost a lot less. I have a few start caps that I bought
new for like $3 apiece, each about 180 uF. I can sell you a couple for
the same price, I have too many. If you arer local to Chicagoland, I
can loan you some.

Can you remove belt (if it is a belted compressor) and see if the
motor starts by itself without a load?

No belt. And when the motor/compressor unit was sitting on the bench it
still wouldn't start. If I gave the motor fan a spin and applied power it
started to run - although the start up time was very slow.

Mike S.