DejaVU

Default What lathe must I get to duplicate this fog horn part?

Paul T. scribed in
:

We do prototyping and small runs here and I have a guy who helps
me and basically acts as a machine operator, but he doesn't really
have any machinist skills or training.
With the insert tools I can have him swap inserts when one gets
dull, but there's no way he could handle reshapening the tool and
then doing the setup again.

and for the rest of his life he'll be standing there operating and
will never learn a thing that will help him along in life, like WHY
is that cutting edge THAT shape.....and what happens when you get it
wrong (-:

swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /