Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Choosing correct boiler size

With an indirect water heater, you can go with the smallest boiler possible
to heat your home, but I'd strongly advise against installing a three
section cast iron boiler (of any brand) because the rear fire wall is too
close to the burner nozzle and end cone, causing all kinds of problems.
I don't really understand your original post. First you say, "I had 3
different contractors come up with the same sized boiler in their bids."
Then you say, "All contractors chose a boiler with a range of about
60-110BTU". There's a big difference between 60MBH and 110MBH.
Finishing your basement adds very little heat loss to your home unless the
basement is above ground and has standard windows and doors.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, I will be using an indirect hot water tank.