Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Friday's Firewood - Football Weekend

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:07:07 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

NOTE: No knuckles were barked in the making of this dish.

Really nice looking grain, George.. I'd like to see a picture of the bowl
when
it done..

Going to be a while, Mac. While working the tractor this morning I smashed
the tip of the pinky on my right hand. Think I'm going to lose the nail.
I don't even want to think about tight gloves or possible alcohol leaks for
a while.

Maybe it's time to learn to apply finishes left-handed....

I think that you should... you turn both left and right handed, right??

A caution from a left hander: I seldom take off my wedding ring when turning
(probably have to have it cut off) and I've had it leave marks on the wood
through vinyl gloves when I've accidently let it clunk against the bowl...

Sorry about the finger, but at least it wasn't on your "main" hand...

It's gonna hurt like hell when it thaws in spring.... or have you already warmed
it up? *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing