Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Band saw comparisons

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
Amazon has a decent deal on bandsaws right now, so I'm thinking of getting
one while I can save a few bucks. My requirements a

14" bandsaw
Minimum 1 HP (don't think you can really get it much less)
6" riser block included

Okay, so with shipping added, here are the final costs of the four models
I'm looking at:

Grizzly G0555 - $553
Delta 28-206 - $585
Jet 708115K - $617
Jet 710115K - $707

Any suggestions on which is the best for the money?

Jack

I've got the Grizzly. Haven't installed the riser block yet, although I
have one. I am quite satisfied with this saw. I have not used another
bandsaw as a comparison however (this is my first!). It has a quick
release tensioner, bearing rollers (easily changed out to cool blocks with
parts from Grizzly, less than $15 IIRC), and seems to be pretty stout. I
haven't really used it much for resawing but the little I have, it's worked
fine. Change the blade as the one they ship is crap.
Cheers,
cc