Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Coffeepot temperature

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:35:45 -0800, Don Bruder
wrote:

Let's get something out in the open: I'm anti-corporation right from the
git-go - I believe that corporations should have *NO* legal standing
whatsoever beyond paying taxes.

That's rather naive. If they had no legal standing they would not
have to pay taxes. Corps are simply legal entities that do business
as an individual or partnership might do while separating the
business identity from the personal identities of any particular
individuals.

Corporations are, by my lights, indeed
one of the main evils of today's society,

That is absurd. There are many responsible corporations, some of
which ( often privately held) place employee welfare as job 1. A
corp must profit to survive just as an individual tradesman must, and
they're able to do that with competence and fair business practice
without compromise of job 1.

The evil is where there is acceptance that "greed is good", which is
no different from the "me first" attitude you embrace, is also
practiced by corporate management. They're just better at it than
you are. Much better. Invest in them or work for them, lose yer
ass, eatyerhawrt out tough**** GI. Pick yer pony, take yer ride,
whine when your "me first" gets stomped by the bigger dog.

As I said, there's nobody else looking out for me, so I'm damn well
gonna remain at the top of my list of "who I look out for".

So how are you different from the corporations you villify other than
you're not nearly as good at it?