Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:04:25 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:12:21 +0000, Peter Parry wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:23:44 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The fan blows it out. In a fan blown oven.

On the pop again?

Nope. All the fan blown ovens I have had generate a hot draught out of a
vent somewhere.

Are you suggesting that fan ovens discharge the hot air from the oven
into the surroundings? I don't think so. I only have experience of
one fan oven and it certainly does not discharge hot air into the
surroundings. If it did why wouldn't the surroundings (kitchen)
temperature tend to rise to the temperature of the oven and the
kitchen be filled with oven fumes? What is wrong with this equation?

I certainly get steam coming from the grille at the back of my cooker when
the fan assisted oven is on. It's not sealed.

But I get a lot more from the door opening when I open the door, presumably
because it's being blown out :-)

There was always some steam from my gas oven when I had one, there was an
opening on the hob to allow it to escape. It's no bigdeal, is it? I don't
wantmy oven cooked food to be steamed or pressure cooked.

Mary