JR North

Default Tig welding

Think of Tig as gas welding, using an arc instead of flame.
The arc is gas shielded, and you feed the filler rod and
move the puddle just as in O/A. With a high quality Tig
welder, control of the arc properties to a high degree is
possible. There is much to learn concerning the tungsten arc
rod, and much 'hand' to learn to produce consistent high
quality, uniform welds in different materials.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Kevin Beitz wrote:

I'm thinking about taking up some schooling this winter...
I do a lot of welding and thought I would like to learn Tig welding...
Whould anyone here explain what Tig welding is and how it works...
Also ... Can a Mig weld do Tig welding with attachments???
Thanks...
Kevin

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"