Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry

Default Need Schematic for Dell/Sony P991 19" CRT Monitor

Bob Shuman wrote:
Thanks ... I found my monitor, the Dell P991, on the list and successfully
downloaded three .rar files. What application opens these? I thought they
would be .pdf and could be read with Adobe Acrobat, but I do not think I
have seen a .rar file before. If I can get these open then I can read what
is there and see if this is what I need.

Sorry to be such a pain... I do appreciate directing me here. This site did
not come up when I did a Google search. It appears to have a lot of info
and be from Bulgaria!

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...

You don't need a schematic to troubleshoot a bad focus resistor
divider.

This might be the info you want:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/service_...ets_d_400.html

Hopefully will help with any other potential issues.
Be aware that if something happens to corrupt the eeprom that holds the
alignment data, you will have to send it off for repair as hte computer
interface and software to perform an alignment is not cost effective to
buy for only one monitor.

I just plonk rar files into winzip and that works
for me -)-)-)