Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default Want to run a boxed channel to hold cables and wiring - please help

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:07:05 -0800, dean wrote:

Can a chase be made of wood? If so, could you tell me in a few words
what a good design would be? I was thinking some 1x1 wood, spaced 2
inches apart, plus a plywood cover all the way along. Sounds ok?

Why not? Romex goes through wood floor joists and wall studs/cavities.
I'd not make it too small so there is no danger of heat. A hunk or two of
PVC condiut as a "chase" may be easier though. As others have said,
even a few ropes to pulll new wires (and another rope with it) may be good
enough. Also be sure to seperate line and low-voltage wires in seperate
chases.

--
Keith