Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Advice please - 3 way light switches - I just moved into an older house

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:14:46 -0500, Goedjn wrote:

Certainly, but Larry had three "on" states and only one "off" state
(which could be done with parallel SPST switches). "Three-way"
certainly is a curious terminology.

People do it all the time with just regular SPDTs, but usually
they call that a "mistake". More often, they get three offs
and one on.

If there's only one off-state, then one of your switches is
redundant.

That's the way my hall came. The electrician lived in the n'hood, and
silly me, I mentioned this to him** He didn't believe me.

**not so he woudl fix it. I'd already done that.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.