Roy

Default Slick tool for "chip in the eye" syndrome

Something else that works fine for getting a chip or other item out
of the eye is a piece of horse tail. I had a chip adhere to my eye one
time and the Dr, opened up what appeared to be a simple loop of fine
material . He twirled it together at the ends, and fashined a loop
that resembled a noose, and simply drug it accross the eyeball. You
could actually feel the piece contacting the chip, and getting pulled
off. I used to keep a few strands of hair from the horses we had, in a
small stoppered up test tube for emergency chip removal, but presently
don't have a clue where there at. But at least I still have access to
a horse ;-) When I asked him about the device he simply replied it is
a pretty darn good instrument for coming from such a simple
source....a strand of horse tail hair. Then the receptionist / clerk
at the desk ruined my day when she said that will be
$120.00......guess it could have been worse though.

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:49:56 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

x-Got a small chip in my eye and was about to head upstairs to remove it
x-and just happened to notice an old dental mirror on the bench.
x-This is a concave mirror that magnifies, has a focal distance of approx
x-2". Held this up to my eye in an area with decent ambient light, and
x-viola, it was a total piece of cake to gently swipe the chip out with a
x-Q-tip. This beats the hell out of leaning over the sink and trying to
x-shine a flashlight in the affected eye while trying to find and remove
x-the particle. Don't know if I'd want to try to pull an imbedded
x-particle, but for something just sitting on the eye, this makes it
x-really really easy. Everyone working with metal or wood ought to have
x-one of these handy.
x-
x-And for the safety nannies, yes, I was wearing safety glasses...
x-
x-Jon

--
Visit my website: