Posted to rec.woodworking
dgadams

Default Band saw comparisons

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:04:18 -0700, mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

The $99 shipping plus $80 would bring the final total (accounting for
the $110 deduction) to $970. This would stretch my budget a bit more
than I can take right now. The Jet 710115K is a tad over what I'd like
to spend right now, but I included it on the list because it is so
highly rated.

Bruce Barnett wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" writes:

Grizzly G0555 - $553
Delta 28-206 - $585
Jet 708115K - $617
Jet 710115K - $707

I have the last one, and love it, but I wished I saved up for the
Powermatic at $200 more.

The quick release in the Deluxe is OK, but a Carter is better.

The Powermatic has these extras over the Jet Deluxe
Carter Quick Release
Miter Gauge
Rip Fence
1 1/2 HP motor
Wider table
Lamp
Blower
Roller Bearing guides

That's a lot for the $899, and I see an additional $110 off from
Amazon if you buy before January 21st.
So that's $789 plus shipping.

I've got a version of the Jet (a few years old) It's probably closer to
the 708115K. It's done me quite well. I have had good luck with it.
With that being said, I've looked at the Grizzly units in the showroom
and wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

DGA