Posted to rec.woodworking
tdup2

Default 45 degree mitre crosscut jig/sled?

With 15" boards it is hard to get an accurate miter on the tablesaw. Very
easy on a good size router table with a 45 degree bit. The sled would be
good for narrower boards but the wide ones would be a lot easier on the
router table.

Tim

"jtpr" wrote in message
ups.com...
I like to make boxes using miter joints and splines or miller dowels.
I sometimes use boards as wide as 15" and would like to make a
jig/sled to cut the 45 degree edge miter as accurately as possible on
my table saw (left tilt). I have in the past used a quickly thrown
together one runner sled for this out of a piece of plywood. Having
recently put together a really nice 2 runner crosscut sled I was
wondering if anybody had any good tips on building one for crosscut 45
degree cuts.

Thanks,
Jim