Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

Default How to attach spice rack to hollow core door?

On 16 Jan 2006 14:43:02 -0800, wrote:

I'm building a fairly substantial spice rack (18x38) and am planning to
hang it on the inside of my pantry door. I'm worried, though, that the
rack, loaded with spices, may just pull out screws that I'd drive
through the veneer. Any suggestions? Liquid Nails, maybe?

Thanks,

-Phil Crow

Phil:

If the door is not a hollow core, it shouldn't be a problem to get a
decent bite with the screw.

If it is, I'd think about including a french cleat in the design. The
part that goes on the door can be glued and pinned.

It might be nice to do it this way because it might be more convenient
to be able to remove the spice rack when it's time to clean or stock
it.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/