Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Default How to attach spice rack to hollow core door?

wrote:

I'm building a fairly substantial spice rack (18x38) and am planning to
hang it on the inside of my pantry door. I'm worried, though, that the
rack, loaded with spices, may just pull out screws that I'd drive
through the veneer. Any suggestions? Liquid Nails, maybe?

I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the name of the damn
fastner. (Not a toggle bolt)

You want the fastner used in drywall sheet rock.

Drill about a 7/16" hole insert fastener, then tighten up with 3/16"
screw machine included.

Back out screw, hang rack, etc.

This is basically a shear load, so NBD.

15 minutes after I send this, I'm going to remember the name of that
f**king fastner.G

Lew