Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb

Default How to attach spice rack to hollow core door?

wrote:

I'm building a fairly substantial spice rack (18x38) and am planning to
hang it on the inside of my pantry door. I'm worried, though, that the
rack, loaded with spices, may just pull out screws that I'd drive
through the veneer. Any suggestions? Liquid Nails, maybe?

Thanks,

-Phil Crow

Another option is use straps over the top of the door (like you do with
wreaths at Christmas.

One word of caution. If this thing is as heavy as you are worried it might
be, are you sure the hinges and door are substantial enough to hold the
weight?

Deb