Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Coffeepot temperature

You wouldn't happen to have an authoritative source for the relative
incidence? This is the key - there is only so much time and money in
the world, and we should look for the biggest pile of bodies and start
there, not with trivial risks. Why? Because if we spend the time and
energy on trivia, we won't ever quite get around to real risks, and the

total number of significant accidents will be far higher than need be.

If you're interested go look up the information. But, using your
logic, we shouldn't have prisons because each inmates actions only
affect a few, right; why waste the money, right? Or maybe you can see
the slippery slope that puts little kids back in the coal mines. Or
can you?

Sure. Any damn fool can buy machine tools.

At my company, we have precisely such a training and exam system,

because too many factory people were getting themselves chopped up, and

these are mostly full time employees with experience. Suits weren't
the
issue, because Workman's Compensation applies, but still the injury
rate
was too high, so everybody in the company was sent in for mandatory
safety training.

So are you saying this was a good or bad thing as it seems your
company/government was taking the place of your parents. Are there
fewer "factory people....... getting themselves chopped up"? I hope
so; even if they felt demeaned somehow.

dennis
in nca