Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Mundt

Default He said No to Walmart

Greetings and Salutations...

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:16:39 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On 3 Jan 2006 10:06:59 -0800, wrote:

MY MOM WAS KILLED BY A PDF FILE!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

LOL .....

And it was probably a 5 megger too...

AOL & PDF files sometimes don't mix well
(used to be a problem)

It has been my experience that AOL does not
mix well with ANYTHING.

Large files take time to download too.

This is true. It took ALL of 15 seconds to
download the thing. (Did I mention I have broadband
access?)

And somewhere junk is building up on disk .... somewhere ....

This is a point. I would suggest SequoiaView as
the best tool for tracking down what is filling the disk
and where it is. Here is the link to the home page:
http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

And it always wants to phone home to mama ...

So far, this is not an issue with PDF files,
although it is true that the acrobat reader CAN be
set to "auto update" when it fires up. I, for one
prefer to leave that turned off.
Regards
Dave Mundt

(G.D.R)