Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Coffeepot temperature

Don Bruder offers:

Methinks you're ignoring the point in order to pick at nits. What Larry

appears to be saying (Definitely jump in and correct me if I'm wrong,
Larry) is the same way I feel: True, the world is full of morons,
losers, idiots, and incompetents.

I see you highly value your fellow citizens. Nothing like a crippled
moron joke, right Don?
Anyone not, at least, your equal deserves your scorn, right? If they
can't keep up, let them suffer, right?
I guess your quote (Stupidity *SHOULD* be painful,) is your motto
right? Would this thought be somehow included in your religous
convictions? If so perhaps you'll share that information with us.
snip

"protecting" me .....Protecting me.....It's *MINE*. .....than me.....I tried.....

We're not talking about YOU. Don't you ever think of others? Have
parents? Kids? Give a damn if they are preyed on?

If I want to drive a Pinto, then by god, it's my right

to do so, regardless of how dangerous you, or Ralph Nader, or anybody
else thinks that choice might be to my continued well-being. It isn't
Ford's fault that I got turned into a briquet. It's mine for choosing
drive the darn thing in the first place, and to a leser extent, the
imbecile who hit me from behind.

I agree you would be silly to do such a thing NOW. But no one expected
it THEN. I don't imagine, if something went wrong with your NEW car
you'd even bother to complain. Please take a moment to investigate
before you make-up your mind.
Recently I purchased a car that had brake and instrumentation problems
the new car dealer couldn't resolve (electronics), but because the
problems were intermittant the dealer claimed there was nothing wrong
(ever heard that before?). Thanks to the "Lemon Law" here in CA the
manufacturer was forced to take it back. What would YOU have done?

It's a little concept called "personal responsibility for your actions"

Exactly. We're discussing CORPORATE responsibility. Same thing, NO?

You make the choice to insert activity here, YOU take the

consequences of that activity, whatever they might be. What? You lost
an
arm? Too bad, so sad. Betcha you aren't going to do that again anytime
soon are you? You died while doing said activity? Oh well. Out of the
gene-pool, stupid. Your problem, not mine, or Ford's, or the
government's. YOURS.

No such thing then as CORPORATE responsibility?

You fire a handgun and it goes KABOOM in your face because of a double
charge of powder in your commercial ammo; you just grin and bear it?
You're driving on the freeway on a hot day and because of the tires
and/or new vehicle you flip and your entire family is killed; you just
smile and say "I did it my way"?

It's a little concept called "personal responsibility for your actions"

So give us an example of how you've done this. REAL examples please.
And while you're at it how about examples of how you've done something
for someone else (which according to your ethics you never would do).
No examples; I'm not suprised (or am I?).

In other words, *BUTT OUT*, and suck up a dose of responsibility for

yourself. It's my life, my hide, my responsibility, and my decision -
Not yours, or any elected representative's, or Ralph Nader's, or
anybody
else's.

You, you, you. Can't YOU turn it off for a minute? Who protects the
children, since according to you they don't deserve protection? That's
idiotic.

So why don't YOU *BUTT OUT* until you learn a little social
responsibility and start thinking of others instead of yourself all the
time.

dennis
in nca