Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default Strange Screws

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:39:08 GMT, "Handi"
wrote:

I'd dare to guess that if this fellow doesn't recognize a Torx screw
that he isn't aware that he should never open a hard drive.

Torx screws are seldom used for no other purpose then to keep the prying
eyes of consumers from sensitive stuff.

Too many maybes and negatives in this sentence for me to understand
it.

Thats why they're used in
elevators.

They're also used in my car just to hold the trunk struts on. Nothing
secret about that.

Don't get me started on what I used to do to elevators..

My son has actually opened a defective laptop hard drive before and
amazingly it still functioned, for only a short time. Now its a
paperweight.

Handi

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.