Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
J. Clarke

Default Strange Screws

wrote:

I'm looking for a 5-point star shaped screwdriver. I bought a Seagate
80GB external hard drive. Its case uses these special screws. I shot a
picture of a screw he

http://www.gearhack.com/Forums/Tool/...int%20star.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a screwdriver for these screws?

No guarantee that it's the right size, (OD approx .057 in, about the same as
a T5 Torx) but search ebay for "5 pointed star screwdriver". Don't have a
recent Seagate drive on hand to try it on or I'd let you know if it fits.
You'll get a dozen or so hits from a guy named elvis fong who sells them
for Sony and Sharp PDAs. Price is about a buck plus 5 bucks or so shipping
from Hong Kong so call it 6 bucks or so total.

I ordered one a while back and he got it right out--seems to be a reliable
vendor.

Let him know that you're looking for a driver specifically for Seagate
drives and he might find one for you.

Thanks.

Chieh
--