Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Friday's Firewood - Football Weekend

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:48:29 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

So SWMBO starts changing into work clothes at 11:30, and I'm dumb enough to
ask.

"Washing the walls coming up the stairs," she says.

"You know there're two more games on today, don't you?"

"Oh, go do what you want, I'll be done in an hour."

Turns (pun intended) out I was too. Was about to put this in the fire
Friday when I noticed that it had some ripple, and only small cracks, so I
set it aside. Got one from this morning that looks promising too, and the
house is warm enough on beech.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...s-Firewood.jpg
Oil only, awaiting shellac. Not too bad, either.

NOTE: No knuckles were barked in the making of this dish.

Really nice looking grain, George.. I'd like to see a picture of the bowl when
it done..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing