Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default 45 degree mitre crosscut jig/sled?

"jtpr" wrote in message
ups.com...
I like to make boxes using miter joints and splines or miller dowels.
I sometimes use boards as wide as 15" and would like to make a
jig/sled to cut the 45 degree edge miter as accurately as possible on
my table saw (left tilt). I have in the past used a quickly thrown
together one runner sled for this out of a piece of plywood. Having
recently put together a really nice 2 runner crosscut sled I was
wondering if anybody had any good tips on building one for crosscut 45
degree cuts.

Make a ramp at 45 and clamp your stock to it. Leave your blade at 090.