Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

Default Dream Router Table

On 16 Jan 2006 05:13:21 -0800, wrote:

I've been going through this "thinking" process for a while as well. I
saw one of these (
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/abarb/routerte xt.htm ) a
couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed with the way DC is hooked
up. The box at the back of the fence slides over a dust port in the
table surface. The neat thing about this design is that there is no
cumbersome hose mounted directly to the fence! I've added this feature
to my plan.

The way my old dust collection system worked was similar to how Norm
set his up on his NYW router table project, but I was thinking I might
add a second, smaller hose directly to the fence for more efficient
dust collection. Your link might be a better idea though, just funnel
vaccuum directly from the collection system to the back of the fence,
as well as below in the router compartment.

See, this is why people ask for suggestions, people here have a lot of
good ideas.