Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Coffeepot temperature

On 16 Jan 2006 08:53:42 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "rigger"
quickly quoth:

So then you would agree with the Ford Motor Company in their original
accessment of the Pinto "situation" right? No need to improve safety
as long as the people (and families) being burned up were a "small"
number and it wouldn't have a big negative affect on finances. No need
to actually "WARN" anyone their car (whether full of children?) had
defects. The wonderful executives at Ford wouldn't want anyone to feel
they were being "childish", right?

Show me a car manufacturer who states that their cars are safe under
any and all (seen and unforseen) conditions and I'll give you that
one. But I doubt you'll find one.

By the same token, no civilian should be permitted to possess or use

metalworking equipment -- after all, people have been maimed or even
killed by such equipment, and the incidence is orders of magnitude
higher than one in ten million metalworkers.

Do you *really* think this is the same as putting the average citizen
(man, woman, child, handicapped, etc.) in harms way?

Nobody put people in harm's way, Dennis. IMHO, what happens to a car
during or after a collision is up to fate.

You Liberals want to make everything which happens in life to be safe
and you want to use OUR money to do it. I disagree and feel that what
you promote is not right, just, or fair. Tell you what, let's make 2
different sets of rules. Those of you who want everything safe and
cozy can have it for yourselves and YOU pay for it.

The rest of us will _party_on_, living much happier (though possibly
shorter) lives. We'd much rather be living happy daily lives vs. being
cocooned in banal shells devoid of any interesting happenings, thanks.
BTW, not too many of you Libs will be able to afford your ideal life
without all of our hard-earned money. So sorry.

P.S: With those attitudes, you should move from aol to webtv.

This sig's for you:

--
"I'm sick and tired of having to rearrange my life
because of what the STUPIDEST people *might* do or