Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Default new 9 by 20 lathe - how do I fit it?

These days, calling the local high school and asking them to send
some strong boys around is liable to get you in trouble.

If you're going to pay someone to do it in the first place, then
hire a local moving company, which will probably do it for their
one-hour minimum charge. If they drop it and break something,
they're bonded.

RoyJ wrote:
I'd just call around to the local high school or trade school, ask the
receptionist for someone who could reccommend a couple of sturdy
characters to come over and help you. At a trade school, the students
might think it is fun to help and to see what the old codgers are doing.