Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default new 9 by 20 lathe - how do I fit it?

Bugs wrote:

Rent an engine hoist or go to your favorite bar and buy a few rounds to
recruit some young bucks. A couple of them can do it in a trice, or
maybe a thrice.

Just make sure the reward beer is their first. I made the mistake of
buying my first lathe on a friday, and trying to get it out of the car
with the aid of a friend who'd had a few on his way home from work.
Oh, and lock the carriage too, as when you tip the lathe to go up the
stair and the carriage takes off cranking itself downhill towards your
inebriated friend's end, the results might not be predicatable. (In
this case, not predictable means he actually didn't drop it after all)