Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default new 9 by 20 lathe - how do I fit it?

Andrew VK3BFA asked:

How do I manouvre(sp) it up, onto the bench, line it up with the

mounting bolts, and get it down onto the mounting bolts. Without
killing myself, or needing to take yet another trip to the Chiropractor

to fix my back. (Again).

Where do you live Andrew? Anywhere around here and I've "got you
covered". What are neighbors for right?

On the MDF issue I'd agree with everyone else. It's coefficient of
expansion is suprisingly high (at least to me). Something else more
stable might be a sheet of thick phenolic. I'm not sure if linen or
paper base might be best.

dennis
in nca