Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:21:00 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:27:01 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

In this case you don't get the best having paid for it.

That's your assertion based on criteria that you deem to be valid for
you. You can't say that something is or isn't the best for other
people, because their criteria are almost certainly different.

Of course, I once used to visit a shirt maker in Belfast, at the end
of their line identical shirts got put into one of three baskets at
random. One went to have a well known designers label sewn in, one
had a well known clothing stores label sewn in and one had a generic
label sewn in. These identical shirts sold for GBP120, GBP40 and
GBP10 respectively (the manufacture got GBP4 for each no matter what
the label. I'm sure each of the purchasers felt they got value for
their money because their criteria were different no matter that the
product was identical.

Again, you can't assume that everyone's criteria are the same as
yours.

I'm not, I have never underestimated human irrationality.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/