Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:21:49 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:46:54 +0000, Peter Parry wrote:

You may see no reason for it but it is. Firstly because it is much
easier for things to catch fire,

This is completelt untrue.

The number of fires involving Agas is greater than would be expected
from the number in use, that isn't an opinion but a fact.

I have had serious fires regularly with gas, a
couple of fat fires with electric, never had a single fire with an aga.

I can't comment on your ineptitude, the many hundreds of cooker fires
I have started were all done deliberately.

The plate temeperature is below the flash point of anything bar possibly
alcohol or gasoline

There is no way that anythung combustible can get to the burner

Seems to manage somehow.

- unlike
gas hobs, ahich are bloody dangerious, and its easy enough to catch a
sleeve alight with them

A sleeve?

I suspect

I'm sure you do.