Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:51:15 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:46:07 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Something else which needs to be factored in is price.

Why?

I wondered that too. If you want something you pay for it. If you want the
best you pay for it.

A son bought an all singing all dancing cooker in stainless steel, which I
wouldn't give house room. It cost a LOT of money but it's what he wanted and
he can afford it (hmm, I wonder if that was the meaning behind the
question?).

His cooker does have the advantage over mine in that its large oven will
accommodate a pig's head or a proper whole ham. I'll be using in it at some
time but it wouldn't be worth my having an oven as huge as that for most of
my cooking.

Each to his own.

A new four
oven gas Aga today costs over GBP 7,000. If you want the companion
module - a simple double oven and hob it adds a staggering GBP 2,600.
On top of that you need to add the cost of reinforcing the floor.

Why would you need to reinforce a concrete floor?

Or a solid earth one or a stone flagged one or... well, perhaps if you have
a flimsy modern house it might be necessary. Our 1930s wooden floorboards
didn't sag at all.

Mary