Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Mike S.

Default Repair my Emglo AM78-HV4V air compressor

Hi Grant,

It's probably still the start cap. Given the relatively low expense of
electrolytic capacitors, I'd just replace the start cap and see if that

fixes
it. My guess is it will.

Take off the "bubble" on the side of the motor and look at the start cap.

It may
obviously be defective, or maybe you can just get the numbers off it and

take
them to Grainger or wherever you go to buy a new one. Easy to splice it

back in,
simple fix. Even if that isn't the problem it won't hurt and it will

probably
only cost you like $7.

Well, not quite. I've been told by two repair houses that this cap costs
$50. I want to make sure it's dead before I replace it.

Thanks,
Mike