Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Stormin Mormon

Default "Flood" Problem in Refrigerator

If the freezer is on top (typically is) you have to take everything out of
the freezer, including the shelves and ice maker. Then remove the four or
six screws which hold the back panel in the freezer. The coils (looks like a
radiator) can be seen. Careful: very, very sharp fins, ask me how I know.
The catch pan and drain should then be visible.

Turkey baster and hot water are good for clearing the drain. There will
likely be some ice clogging the drain. You may have to melt a bunch of ice
to find the drain.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to thank everyone for your responses. What you have suggested
concerning a clogged drainage tube sounds like my problem.
Unfortunately I am unable to locate this tube by inspecting the front,
back, inside, etc. of the refrigerator. I think I'll have to call
Whirlpool repair.

---Thanx Again
---TConrad