Statics

Default Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines

snip

In experimental machine work, we use both woodworking and metalworking

machines
and principles, and the Smithy Super Shop is an experimentalists's dream

tool,
though its potential for SR is unknown to me. In woodworking, you

sometimes
make a fixture for just one use. In metalworking, usually a fixture is

built
for mass production. Different paradigms. Same jig and fixture technology,
though. Kinematic contraint.

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research (via aol.com)

Nuclear weapons are just Pu's way of ensuring that plenty of Pu will be
available for The Next Big Experiment, outlined in a post to
sci.physics.research at Google Groups under "supercritical"

You might enjoy reading "Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy" by Wayne R.
Moore if you haven't already.

Excellent treatise on the production of accurate machines by simpler -
albeit more tedious - methods than self reproduction.

StaticsJason