Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:42:36 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:06:24 +0000, Chris Bacon

Andy Hall wrote:
[ about Agas/Rayburns ]
I think that you must have missed my point.

Yes I have - what is it exactly?

That, flying in the face of reality as shown by replies here, and
other *real world* experience, he's right, and everyone else is wrong?

Do you actually have an Aga, or have you ever used or lived in a house
with one? If you haven't, then how would you be in a position to
comment either way?

I have made the point, and so did TNP, that an Aga can contribute
usefully to the space heating of the house. In that respect, when
one takes the broad view, rather than the narrow one that you have, it
is an efficient way of providing some of the space heating.

I also pointed out, that IME, it is a great way to cook once you learn
the techniques. I found that pretty easy, not everybody does.

Some people feel that they can only cook on a gas flame that they can
turn up and down because that is the only way they can control what's
going on. For them, that may be the case, but it certainly is not
the only way to do so.

You have certainly missed mine!

There's none so blind as those that *will not* see.

Quite.

And there it is. The balanced view.

It works in some sutuations for some cooking styles.

It suits my situation and MOST of my cooking styles. I like it.

It doesn't f in a modern well insulated house with a pokey kitchem,
toflash fry ditzy food from the Guardian color section