Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On 15 Jan 2006 10:09:23 -0800, wrote:

700W. Aga quote weekly gas consumption for a 4 oven model at 527kW
per week, yours seems to use much less. Aga quote the maximum power

Strewth 527kW per week? Our last (typical) gas bill is for 336kW per
QUARTER and we do a fair amount of cooking - not as much as some on
this thread but more than the average household I'd guess.

cheers
Jacob

Yes, but what did you spend on heating the house?

That heat doesn't go up the chimney, it heats the kitchen.

Reducing CH needs.

If you are telling me you can get through a winter on 336KW of total heat
per quarter, then you mnust live inside a polystyrene block.