Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:51:31 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:30:45 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

Thanks Andy but your description of how you have to make jam was enough
to put me off. I make enough jam in the summer time for it to matter!

The method's strightforward enough, and results identical to or better
than achievable on a hob.

Yes. For example, the use of e.g. Le Creuset cast riron pots that are
equally at home on the hobs or in the oven is one useful trick.

Sizziling up onions and browning off meat before adding stock to simmer in
the oven becomes second nature.

Using the ovens in summertines insead of having stuff on the simmer on top
of a conventional cooker also reduces kitchen heat.