Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:44:51 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:01:17 +0000, Steve Firth
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On a day like today, when it's cold and drizzling outside, it's a real
pleasure to come in from an early morning walk, warm up, dry out and
have some toast of unassailable quality prepared on the Aga.
Funny how when Aga owners rant about their cookers the selling points
seem to be toast, stews and keeping the pets warm.

I don't need to sell anything in terms of cookers. Aga toast toast
is legendary,

And also the only advantage that Aga users can think of. It's also a
downright load of old ******** since I get better toast out of a toaster.

it is true; however one can cook anything else very well
also, and certainly better than can be achieved in fan ovens and the
like.

Bull.

Personally I don't
think that's worth the energy costs, but then again, unlike Aga owners I
can cook.

Generally people who criticise storage cookers have never tried one or
read something in a magazine, both of which make their comments
meaningless.

You pull that one every time I cxriticise Agas. I've owned both Agas and
Rayburns. I've also removed them for the inefficient pointless piles of
crap they are.

If they have tried one, then either they had a very
old or badly set up one or themselves are unable to cook, since it is
really very easy.

And very limited. No decent progessional chef uses and Aga. The ovens
are too small, and the temperature is never right.

Well it is right, if you take the trouble to set it up and use an internal
rack hung thermometer.

What it isn't, is rapidly and easily adjustable.

Which is why the pro chefs who have to produce just about anything in a
hurry won't use em.

Quiet a few have them a6 HOME though.

Aga owners cook in a particular way, the food they produce is **** but
they are used to eating it.

It can be ****, but then I vidily remember walking into a college friends
mothers immaculate and hige kitchen, and being invited to lunch..I thought
'wow, with a stove like that, and worktops everywhere, she miust be a real
good cook'

Imagine my disaapointment when te ginsodden woamn removed a load of frozen
burgers and chips from the deep freeze, shoved them on a tray in the oven,
and heated up a tin of baked beans..

**** food cvan be produced on any cooker.

Good food is understanding what you have and using it to its best. I've
produced excellent meals on a butane camping stove.