Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:01:17 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On a day like today, when it's cold and drizzling outside, it's a real
pleasure to come in from an early morning walk, warm up, dry out and
have some toast of unassailable quality prepared on the Aga.

Funny how when Aga owners rant about their cookers the selling points
seem to be toast, stews and keeping the pets warm. Personally I don't
think that's worth the energy costs, but then again, unlike Aga owners I
can cook.

But what energy costs? Agas are MORE efficient than CH boilers.

Only when you don't need CH at all do they 'cost' and then we switch em
off.