Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair
Skip

Default Locksmithing? Isn't that kinda like Knife Sharpening?

These rekey kits will likely create more work for locksmiths as they try
to repair what these do-it-yourselfers have done. Hmmm, make me suspect
that its locksmiths that are secretly selling these kits, to generate
business. Smart move guys.

I get 3 or 4 jobs a month from people who bought the rekey kit,
exploded the cylinder and just can't seem to get all those pins and
springs back in.

While on the topic of rekeying, whenever you move into a new dwelling
its always smart and relatively inexpensive to rekey the locks. You really
have no idea of how many keys have been passed out.

Handi

Last November I got a call from a lady who had moved into her house 2
years prior and didn't see any need to have the locks rekeyed. She
didn't see any need until one morning when she found the former
owner's son, a doper, ex con, passed out on her couch with his
equally messed up girl friend.

Skip