Doug Goncz

Default Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines

From: (John Flanagan)

(Same question as Bert)

I think Doug and I might have discussed
this once before.

Probably did, right here, during the drill press days.

I have an axiom that and entity (not a machine but
something with and using it's own volition and knowledge) cannot
create something equal to or certainly not greater than itself.

The finite problem of this class is the work envelope problem: If a BP mill
table is 5 feet long, and it slides back and forth 4 feet 4 inches, how the
hell do you replicate it? Answer: By self-guiding the rough work through the
mill without moving the table, feeding it like a table saw. How do you make the
jig to guide the work? With a lathe, mill, and whatever else is needed, which
you assume you have.

The indentification I have mentioned prevents the SRMT from running away
uncontrolled. The machine has no initiative and is manually controlled. It
can't run away unless the operator goes mad.

nterestingly though a machine I believe can replicate itself, just as
DNA does.

I think in this case, I am the RNA or transcriptase, and the machine is the
DNA. Ambient thermal energy and enzyme reactions drive DNA replication. A
continuous flow of reliable nuclear electric energy drives the reproduction of
the SRMTs, but only as they are needed by the growing and increasing colony
population.

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research (via aol.com)

Nuclear weapons are just Pu's way of ensuring that plenty of Pu will be
available for The Next Big Experiment, outlined in a post to
sci.physics.research at Google Groups under "supercritical"