Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default HC Mortiser & Tenoning jig.....

On 15 Jan 2006 13:02:22 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Fingersintact" quickly quoth:

Greetings!

I have been woodworking for two yrs now and would like to get into
making mortise and tenon joints a little quicker. I saved my pennies
and I am planning on purchasing a mortise machine and tenon. jig. I was
looking into Delta.....the reviews I found on Amazon for the jig were
terrible....any feedback from owners of this equipment? The mortise
machine has the cast iron table.... I apologize if this subject has
come up before.....new guy!

What's your need and price range?

Machines with the best bang for the buck are the Shop Fox W-1671
benchtop ($229) and larger General 75-075 ($800) floor model. The
Shop Fox can handle much larger wood than most of the others in
the benchtop size.

http://www.toolseeker.com/WdWkMac/Mortiser.htm for more info.

(std disclaimer applies)

Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design