Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Mantel designs

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"PVR" wrote in message

I wish to build a wood mantel for a 32" electric fireplace insert. I have
some pictures and brief dimensions which I can easily use but I would like
to see some alternative designs.

Anybody know where I can see or obtain plans for wood mantels?

Peter.

http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/mantle/

Check out the stairs he builds also.
http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/scra...ook1&UID=10002

A shop to drool over and the guy does some really nice work. The
mantle he made is kind of kludgy though. It looks pasted on to the
brick work and it's much nicer than the brickwork. It would have
looked a lot better if he had wrapped the woodwork around the sides of
the brickwork and had the corbels sitting on top of that. The ledges
on the tops of the corbels are odd - why would they stick out so much?
It almost looks like he made the corbels the same depth as the mantle
and then realized after the fact that he had neglected the thickness of
the brick. I'm sure that wasn't the case, but it looks like it.

Still drooling over that shop...