Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Mystery Window in Attic

"Handi" wrote in message
This actually reminds me of a house I know of with a mysterious light
switch. It turned out it controlled the lights in a hidden crawl space
beneath the house.

Old houses often have mysteries hidden in the walls and attics. That's
the fun of renovating. Sometimes its odd choices of insulation, hidden
door & window frames and even the odd rodent.

Handi

Sometimes the furniture's got even more secrets. A friend of mine bought a
beautiful dresser at an antique auction. As he and he wife layed it on its
back to put it in their pickup truck, they heard something metallic slam
around inside. They pulled out a drawer and found an old, rusty metal box
containing about $1500 in cash. They paid $200 for the dresser. They went
out to dinner. :-)